A few weeks ago, I had a word come to mind which I had not heard of…the word is synergy. Have you heard of it? I was curious as to why this word felt so strong to me and what I would need to do with this new awareness of information. So I Googled it. According to dictionary.com, they define synergy as: “The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.” I was really excited to learn more about this word. I consulted with one of my dear friends who has a background in chemistry and business administration, and thought she might help me to better understand it. She explained “It’s like 1+1=3 with teamwork efficiency considered.” So, then I realized, is this new awareness of the word coming to me now because I have been preparing to start a healing group and I need to better understand the power of group work? Yes, indeed that’s what makes sense to me. So, my further understanding is that if I apply synergy to my group work, and bring together different people for the purpose of a goal, then the synergy of the groups energy or intention will make a larger impact of healing to the wholeness of the group rather than 1:1. Everyone’s energy together transforms into a new shift of healing and awareness. My friend agreed with me and she shared her own experience in which she was in a yoga class and she felt it was like a sweat lodge Native American spiritual experience. So if you are curious about the power of group work, please consider these few examples of the magnificent benefits to your personal healing process.
1. A collective healing has more energy to work with than by yourself.
2. The group will provide a higher frequency of healing energy for the benefit of everyone participating (voluntarily or involuntary).
3. A higher frequency of group work can intensify and speed up your personal healing.
4. You recognize that you are not alone in your path to healing. There are others just like you.
5. Strengthens and enhances the body’s systems for healing and awareness.
6. The group creates one energy field.
7. Creates unity and oneness.
8. You can learn from each other in ways to enhance and sense healing energy.
9. Allows for sharing experiences with the group, and finding creative solutions to your goal/problem/intention.
Please let me know if you have any additional ideas about the benefits of group work, or about synergy! I would really love to know your thoughts!