We are living in times where everything is so fast-paced, immediate, and in a social media frenzy. This type of go-go-go motion activates our sympathetic nervous system which is the fight or flight response. We (empaths) can easily absorb our environment which if it’s negative or stressful can take us out of alignment with our Highest Self. As a result we may be in a state of heightened fear. vs using our intuition to handle life. This fear is often unconscious and we don’t notice the effects. This is called the Shadow Self. Some examples of the Shadow Self that my clients have shared that I’ve also struggled with are:
- Lack of self confidence
- Poor boundaries. Often co-dependent.
- Easily agitated or angered.
- Chronic fatigue.
- Lacks trust in relationships.
- Power struggles.
- You doubt your intuition.
- Get sick.
- Poor communication.
- Stop challenging yourself.
- Low energy.
- Unmotivated to do self-care.
If you’ve experienced any of these don’t worry. You’re human and it’s happened to all of us. It may even happen again because our shadow never goes away. However!! 🙂 We have to learn how to live in harmony with our Shadow Self. This is through the practice of self compassion and love.
Do you want to reduce your stress level today? Are you willing to practice reducing your stress so you can do more of the things you love? Well, you’re in luck! Because I have a challenge for you. If you can start this 10 Day Challenge watch what happens to your stress level.
Here’s how to get started…
YOUR 10 DAY CHALLENGE
- Bedtime ritual. For the next 10 days before you go to bed, write down 3 things you are grateful for that day. Tuck this note in your pillowcase. Leave it and add another note the next night until your last day. Try to write these down at the same time every night to create ritual. Rituals create safety and the process reprograms the mind-body to feel relaxed and good. On the 11th day, go ahead and gather all your notes. Put all of them on one palm and place the other hand over them. Close your eyes. Ask what you should do with the notes. The first thing you receive, do it and don’t question whether it makes sense or not. Then have fun with this project!
- Morning ritual. As soon as you wake up do this deep breathing meditation for 5 minutes for the next 10 days. Use a timer so you don’t have to think about it. The time starts once you are in position and ready to do your breathing practice. Stay lying in bed. Close your eyes. Place dominant hand over your heart and the other hand over your belly (above belly button/Solar Plexus). Take a deep breathe through the nose and out the nose for one cycle to begin.TIP: When you inhale, expand the belly out. The exhale, the belly goes inward towards the back of the body. As you make your next inhale through the nose, you’ll repeat quietly in your mind Sat (Truth), then on your out breathe through the nose quietly in your mind say Nam (Identity). You’ll continue this meditation of breathing deeply in/out through the nose, and hear the words Sat Nam in your mind until your timer goes off. When you’re done, check in with your mind-body-energy. Take notes each day about your experience. Enjoy the rest of your day!
- Olfactory (smell) sense. Use aromatherapy to reduce anxiousness for the next 10 days. Essential oils stimulate the part of the brain (limbic system) that supports the functions of our feelings, memories, motivation, learning, and smells. It’s highly effective if you are looking for fast results. Find a quiet, relaxing space to begin using your oils. Choose from lavender, chamomile, rose, ylang ylang, or bergamot for your next bath, spray some on your pillow for good sleep, use a diffuser in your room to create a relaxing environment, add to lotions, rub the oil in your hand and inhale deeply, or rub it on the souls of your feet for inner peace and calming effects. TIP: Only use a plant based oil like DoTERRA.
Ok, so I’ve got you started! You’re going to do all 3 for your 10 day challenge. This should be fun and relaxing. The strategies are not to replace any medical advice. Please consult with a medical professional if you need further assistance.
I’d love to know how this challenge is going for you. Please comment below.
Did you know that getting clear about your goals or creating a vision board can help you feel more confident, improve your mood, and increase your intuitive skills?
It’s true. I’ve done this practice over and over and I continue to deepen my understanding of who I am, why I was born, and what choices I can make to feel good about myself. And, I want the same for you. I hear from clients a lot who struggle with self-esteem and high levels of stress that they don’t know where to start. Well, in simple terms…you got to slow things down and create a lifestyle of self-care and love. While I know it’s not easy, and trust me, I’ve been on this journey my whole life trying to heal myself and to love myself. And while it’s not an easy task to take, the reward is much greater then the sickening feeling of feeling lost, stressed, and alone.
When I decided to enroll in the “School of Life” (that’s what I call it), I made a commitment to keep moving forward in my soul’s journey even when things go to shit. Because there are plenty of fun and peaceful moments that I think, “I’m so glad to be alive!” A while back, I created a guidebook on how to master your intuition and raise your vibrational level that I’d love to share with you.
You can go in many directions with this guidebook, like:
- How to simplify your life and find balance not perfection
- Creating more happiness by first using your intuition and imagination
- Trust in your inner wisdom so you can accept that you are worthy
- Give yourself permission to just chill…you don’t have to please everyone to be liked or lovable
- Your sensitivity is your gift, not a curse
- [This is for you to complete: How can this guidebook change the direction of your life?]
I hope this guidebook brings some value to your life! Please let me know what you got out of it! What examples when using your intuition made your life easier? Comment below.
Are you waking up feeling like you will never be ok again? Perhaps you can’t focus. Maybe you had to move and your whole life changed? Do you wonder why this happened to you? I’m soooo familiar with this! I went through a pretty traumatic breakup in 2008 and it rocked my world! I will be forever changed.
In those first 30 days post breakup, I had to figure what I was going to do with my life. I was 33. I’d just passed my exam as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and was supposed to celebrate with my family that weekend. But, instead I was planning where I was going to live and how I was going to face everyone. I prayed and asked the Angels to guide me and give me strength to get through the next hour, even the next minute. I allowed for the first time for people to help me like I’d never before. I read a lot, deepened my spirituality, and did whatever it took to stop the pain and impulses to call/text him. I learned so much about myself and how to heal from old love wounds in those first few weeks. I’d love to share with you how I healed myself and found the love of my life a year later in 2009. Do you want to know what I did to make this happen?
It’s filled with strategies to organize your life. Use it as an action plan for the next 30 days to get your personal power back! You will get clarity and a sense of control of your emotions. If you feel hopeless, empty and depressed, or tired of another failed relationship, then you are in the right place for things to get better! Try not to put too much pressure on yourself as you go through this heartbreak. You are going through enough already. Let me make this time in your life as clear and focused forward as possible.
In this free checklist and video gift you’ll be able to focus on how to:
- Stop wasting your time anxiously thinking about him
- Make yourself a priority and tune into your inner wisdom
- Take care of your own needs and not rely on a guy who isn’t adding value to your life to do it for you
- Bring out your Inner Goddess
This checklist was created by the steps I took to help ease into my healing process.
This is how you’ll use this checklist:
- Use it like it’s your daily action plan for the next 30 days.
- Check off whatever you complete on this list. You may be repeating them over and over again.
- Keep your checklist near you at all times as a reminder, “I Got This.” Pace yourself and get focused. Because there will be times when the pain and anxiety is unbearable and you’ll want to text him or do something impulsive.
- Look at everything you have checked off and feel a sense of relief and pride. You’ll thank yourself later if you do the healing work now.
This checklist was created by the steps I took to help ease into my healing process. Which gave me the energy and attention I needed to get my life back together. The biggest result I gained after this breakup was my sense of identity and self worth. I struggled pretty much my whole life with self esteem issues. I’m in such a better place now in my life. And, I want that for you too!
That’s why I’m so passionate about sharing this checklist with you and to emphasize how it saved me and changed my life forever. Please adapt the steps to your personality and do what works for you. It’s a template for you to create into your own experience in healing yourself.
You deserve to live your life as you imagined it! This heartbreak you’re going through is only going to make you stronger and clearer about what you truly want in your love life and life in general. It is not the end for you…it’s merely your awakening!!
I’d love to know a little more about your experience. Can you answer a few of these questions. It will only take 2 minutes. Comment below…
- Where are you at in your heartbreak (beginning, middle, end)?
- What do you hope to get out of this checklist?
- What would you rather be doing if you were not dealing with this pain right now?
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions. It helps me to understand your needs and continue to provide you with the best strategies!
BONUS WEBINAR: I’m hosting a free webinar to bring you more support and clarity on how to heal old love wounds and stop attracting the wrong guys. Learn how to register here.